Saturday, February 2, 2013

Is this as good as it's going to get?




My favorite place to sit and think. It's so beautiful. 

  A few weeks ago a friend of the family asked me how life was.. they asked me if  this was the best time of my life. After contemplating the question I answered with this " Life is pretty darn good right now, but I'm not willing to say this is the best it'll ever be..".  I don't know about you, but I don't want to settle for less than what God has planned for me. I want to always be striving for better. I want every day to be the best day of my life.

   To achieve this, I need an out look on life like a child. My pastor told us about how is granddaughter Madyline (probably 6 or 7) left a note on his desk.. it said this: " Once upon a time there was a little girl named Madyline. She was happy. The End." I want that to be my story.

  I want people to look at me and see that outlook on life, but I'm a firm believer that for most people.. your past effects how your seen. That can be good or bad, but the fact is most people won't take the time to really look at who you are. They go by what's been easily seen before.

  Does who you were, or what you've done define you? For me, it doesn't define how I view myself, because I know I've changed, and it doesn't define how God views me, because He's forgiven and forgotten how I was. The struggle is, people are judgmental  they (unless they love you) aren't going to just forget your past. So here's my question: Are you going to let someone else's opinion or judgments define you?

   I'm not. You see, God's definition of you is the only one that matters. How does God define Alana Donae Leggett? Pure. Spotless. Beautiful. Loving. A leader. His Princess. Those are all things He's told me about myself. I'll take that definition.

So, is this the good as it's going to get? Are you happy? Whose definition of you matters, and what is that definition?


Shalom, 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You're right it's God's definition of you that matters and that's also why it's so important to know what he wants from us for, for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.