Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflection of 2011

I've changed so much in the last year. 
Not everything has changed.. but a lot.
This time last year... 
I didn't feel like myself..
I felt like I was hiding who I was.. 
 This song really shows how I felt :
 "look at me
i will never pass for a perfect bride, or a perfect daughter
can it be im not meant to play this part
now i see that if i were truly to be myself
i would break my family's heart
Who is that girl I see
staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone i don't know
some how i can not hide
who i am, though I've tried
when will my reflection show who i am inside
when will my reflection show who i am inside "

 I feel that now.. I can say I am ME 
That.. Is the most amazing feeling in the whole world :)

 2011:
 This was a hard year for me. 
But at the same time.. it's was a year of growth.
Not all the months have something valuable I can remember, but here's what I can :)

January: 
Was a month of Family. My favorite brother and favorite sister in-law got married last January 8th :) . I wouldn't trade either of them for anything . Tori is such a blessing to our family. Ethan couldn't have chosen a better woman to spend his life with !

February:
Micah and I got our first sorta date this month. For valentines day, we got to hangout at the mall and eat at the Olive Garden with his family.

March:
Sadly.. I don't remember anything special this month . but march 2012, Becky will either give birth to her sweet baby girl, or be about ready to pop. (due date April 1st)

April:
This was a big month for me. I got my braces on,and  went to my first spring formal. That was so much fun! I got to dress up all fancy and take dance lessons . I'm really hoping that Micah and I can go again this year *fingers crossed*

May:
My wonderful, oldest sister Kt (Katie) added a sweet little bundle of joy, named David Paxton to your family!

June:
This was a very mixed month for me. It was amazing because Micah and I had our one year anniversary. but it was hard as well. For personal reasons.. and Because after staying with us for a few months, Kt moved to Memphis, Tn. 

July:
Was a month of reconnection for me.I started going to my old youth group again. And that was the best thing I could have ever done :).

Auguest:
Not a lot happened this month, but I did get to go to Six Flags with Micah, his family, and a few amazing friends, for Micah's birthday.

September: 
Getting back into the horrible groove of that awful thing called school. I wish I wasn't just a Sophomore.. lol 

October:
Firsts.. For my birthday, Micah took me ice skating for the very first time! I also forgave someone.. who had caused me a lot of pain..

November:
This was another month full of family! Becky and Kt (and her boys) got to spend from the 15-Dec 3. I loved having my sisters home with me :). Their husbands also came for some time in the middle. Ethan and Tori came home on the weekends. and Shelli drove out when she could(being so close by).

December:
A month of.. mistakes .. and reconciliation. and Christmas.   


I can't wait to see what 2012 has to offer! 


Seek Him always,

-Alana <3 
              
  

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.