Friday, February 3, 2012

Sticks and Stones..

Everyone knows that old saying 

"Sticks and stones can break my bones, 
but words will never hurt me"

I'm here to call a bluff on that. 
I know from personal experience how hurtful words can be.
Whether they're said to someone else.. 
or you say them to yourself.

I've had problems with  depression in the past..
Still do at times. 
Believe me when I say.. 
that a big part of my problem..
is putting myself down. 
I have never physically hurt myself. 
I thank God for that. 
But if I can't learn to control my tongue..
who knows.

Just like my words have a huge effect on myself,
they have the same effect on someone else.
You never know what someone has been through.

What they struggle with everyday.

You may think 
"They don't look suicidal. I'm only having a little fun!" 

But that "fun" may be the reason they decide to take their life. 

Show love through your words. 

Don't have fun at the expense of someone else. 

Love always,

-Alana <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.