Saturday, September 1, 2012

Guest post by Laina

  Hey! This is Alana's friend Laina. Since she's gonna be gone she had asked me to do a post. So I'm gonna write about technology.

  Don't get me wrong, I am in no way against technology. Its great, it really is! I just think that it could be used a little less. Or a lot less for that matter. In my opinion people spend WAY to much time on electronic devices and although the world might tell you that this is a good thing, it is not.

  There are many things online that people shouldn't look at or be exposed to. But it's not just adults that are being exposed, it's the kids as well. They go to websites everyday that scare the living daylights out of me! I know that they don't always go to these websites on purpose. There are ads that pop up on any and almost every website that are inappropriate and tempting in a way that is not at all biblical and by clicking them, they (and you) are then whisked away to the website that posted these ads, not even knowing what that website might be.
 
  Games played by both adults and children online are also pretty scary. When I was writing a report on the subject of tecnology I researched some of the top games people play. Needless to say, I really didn't like what I found. On certain websites there are games that include Torture Games, Scary Games, and games that encourage killing celebreties.

  Technology is also interferring with our lives at home. It is not allowing American families to be the kind of families God wants us to be. It is taking away from our time together, preventing our families from reaching their full potential, the full potential needed to serve Christ.

 
-Laina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.