Friday, August 16, 2013

Something I'm trying...


  I guess this is typical for a teenage girl especially, but I feel as if I live more in my head, than in the real world. Whether I'm day dreaming... Or winning an argument with someone I'm upset with. 

  Sure, it helps in the moment, but it tends to make me miserable later on. So I'm trying something new.... Whenever I start one of those... "Episodes", instead of living in my head about it, I'll pray for said person. Not a selfish prayer where I get my way and all ends happily ever after, but a prayer that's truly for their benefit. 

  It's easier said than done, but I'm doing my best. Just in the few hours I've been trying it today, I've been praying... A LOT. I've noticed it's hardest when I'm upset with someone. Typically I'd start bad mouthing them in my head and tearing them to pieces.... So this praying thing is new for me. 

  I really feel like if I can do this (with God's help of course), then it would be a huge help to me. 

  Pray that I'm successful? I know that in everything I do, I can't do it without God. That's the hard part, giving it to God to walk me through this. 


Shalom

4 comments:

  1. i just want to say that i am so impressed with you and the faith that you display. you not only write about triumphs with God but also the things you are struggling with. i love that you are real and genuine, Alana. don't lose that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Natalie :).

      Delete
    2. That's a really impressive idea. I think that it will reinvent your way of thinking and have a huge effect on the way you see life. Best of luck!

      ~Stephanie

      Delete
    3. Thanks :). I can already feel it changing how I think :).

      Delete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.