Thursday, January 30, 2014

Peeling back the layers.


  My name Alana Donae leggett. I have four older siblings. I'm a home schooled senior in high school. I love to sing. My relationship with Christ is extremely important to me. I'm a flawed human being.

  That's a list of facts about me, but WHO am I really? What makes me tick? What's my purpose in life?
To be honest, I'm not sure. I know what makes me mad, happy, or sad. I know what I like to do and who I enjoy spending time with. I know what music and movies I like. And I'm more than aware of my down falls, but is any of that who I am? I don't think so. I really think those are just facts.

  So how do I find myself? How do I learn my true identity and learn to be confident in it... learn to love who I am? I don't know, but I do know that it's about finding my identity in Christ. I also know that until I'm confident in who I am and love her, I can't expect anyone to take on the challenge of loving me. I finally understand why I'm single.

  I've also learned about a new layer of this year. This year is about growth, yes, but it's also about finding ME. I truthfully don't know what the path to self discovery will entail, but I do know it'll be full of a lot of praying and spending time with God.

  This doesn't change the trials I'm walking through, but it gives me more clarity in what the purpose is. It also helps me fix my eyes tighter on God as I walk on the water, and not on the waves around me, willing me to sink.

  I don't have all the answers, there's so much I don't know, but this eases the fear I have of the unknown. I'm thankful for that.


Shalom, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.