Sunday, April 27, 2014

We should all confess.


I'm a "know it all" in some ways at least. 

I'm not near as humble as I should be. 

You know. In a lot of cases, I'm fairly good at not casting judgement.... Unless it has effected me personally or someone I love. Then, I am one of the most spiteful, nasty, judgmental, and flat out mean people ever. I am *not* proud of this. 

I'm not content in hard situations. 

I don't trust God how I should. 

I, like I said, am a know it all. It's my way or the highway, often times. 

  I.... am a despicable human being. I'm awful. My heart is not soft and loving to all, as God would have it. My love is conditional. Even with those I hold most dear. 

BUT, all is not lost. God is with me. He loves me despite my flaws, and He has not abandoned me to the grave. I have hope. Through God, I can overcome anything and everything. 
And you know what? If there's still hope for me, if my heart can be changed? Then all is not lost for you either. 

Take heart, Jesus has overcome the world. 

Blessings

6 comments:

  1. No one is perfect, but thankfully God is for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana, you don't get to "confess" and then say "but."
    You are all of those things and those aren't good things. You're rude and hateful and closed minded and a know it all and a hypocrite and a brat and you're terribly selfish. You aren't allowed to be okay with that and say "no worries, Jesus loves me anyway" doesn't work like that, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are you to judge who I am? You're not God.
      No one is perfect. I am very flawed, but I'm working on it. I can't , nor can anyone, be good enough to deserve God's love. But He gives it anyways. He loves EVERYONE.
      I'm not okay with my flaws. I will always strive to be more like Jesus.

      Delete
  3. Anon,
    Matthew 7:3 says, "Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your on eye?"
    We are ALL very flawed human beings. Nobody is even close to perfect. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23.
    Alana said nothing about being okay with her faults. In fact the exact words she used were, "I am *not* proud of this." How did you translate that to her being okay with them?
    She *is* allowed to say that not all is lost because she has a Father in heaven who loves her so much that He sent His only son to die for her so that she might have a chance to overcome her faults (John 3:16-17). She *is* allowed to say that she gets another chance because that is called grace. And yes, it does work like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^^agreed!
      "There is none righteous, not even one" -Romans 3:10
      keep rocking Alana, God alone is our judge and also our hope

      Delete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.