Monday, May 5, 2014

Amen



  Yesterday we did a new song at church called "Say Amen" by Finding Favor. The lyrics rocked my world, so I wanted to share: 

This life is a journey we walk by faith
And there will always be mountains in our way
But right here in this moment, may our strength be renewed
As we recall what God has done and how we've seen Him move

If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
If there's anyone here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Just say Amen!

Sometimes through the darkness, it's hard to see
So just be brave and follow where He leads
Greater is the one who's in us, than he who's in the world
So child of God remember, the battle is the Lord's

If there's anybody here who's found Him faithful
Anybody here who knows He's able
Say Amen
If there's anybody here who's seen His power
Anybody here brought through the fire
Say Amen
Anybody here found joy in the middle of sorrow
Peace in the storm, hope for tomorrow
And seen it time and time again
Then just say Amen!

Even in the valley of the shadow, when you feel alone in the unknown
Just say Amen! Just say Amen!
Even when the storms are raging, stand and know you're not forsaken
Just say Amen! Just say Amen!


Is there anybody here, tell me is there anybody here
come on and say Amen!


WOW! I mean.... those lyrics are... incredible.... 
They reminded me of hard times that God has brought me through. One being: my relationship with Micah. God has healed me and grown me and renewed me from all of that. I've found Him faithful, I know He's able, I've seen His power, and I've been brought through the fire. 
  Lately, I've felt very alone in the unknown. Life is scary right-now, but this song tells me that God knows what He's doing and He hasn't forgotten me. 

Have any of y'all found God to be faithful?

Something else which has been bringing me comfort is Micah 7. Specifically verse 7. I love how the message puts it: 
"But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what God will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. I'm counting on God to listen to me." Micah 7:7 MSG

This seriously fits my life right now. It's huge. 

Shalom, 

3 comments:

  1. I *love* that verse of the Bible. It's one of my all time favorites... seriously... It's one of the ones I try to share with our older foster kids (they face so much awful reality... far too early), along with the famous Jeremiah 29:11 and such.

    I'm praying for you! I don't know your struggles, but I know that no matter what or who you're facing, God will bring out the good in everything and everyone. He knows what He's doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this verse, I don't remember having read it before! And thank you for your ever-positive outlook :)

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.