Saturday, May 10, 2014

He's weaving



  We all have things we want in life, do we not? 
Some things I want: 
My siblings and their families all healthy and living close by.
To be loved. 
And to be a vessel for Jesus to shine through. 

I'm not one of those people who plays the "Jesus Card". I respect God, and when He speaks to me, I take it very seriously. He hasn't spoken (He's lead and guided mostly) very many times, but He has done it. To be honest, I haven't always been so happy with what He's told me...

  Last July, He told me something... huge. Something life altering. At the time, I was excited, but I had no idea that the road I've been on for the last ten months was how things were going to go. I didn't expect this, and I definitely didn't expect all the pain this has caused. There have been many times when I've just wanted to give up. To ignore what God has placed on my life... to ignore what He's so clearly shown me, but I can't. It always comes down to the fact that God knows what's best, and I want everything He has in store for me. The happiness AND the sorrow.

  One major lesson I've learned through all this, is that God has a completely different perspective than we do. What He calls good, we call bad, and what He calls bad, we call good. My earthly self... my flesh.. would call the last ten months "bad". But God... despite all the mistakes I've made and problems I've caused... would call them good.
  I have grown and learned more than any of all could ever imagine. Because of the grace of God, I find myself stronger, smarter, and more thankful than I was nearly a year ago.
 
  There is still a long road ahead of me before God's promise comes to pass, but I find comfort in knowing that God is for me and not against me (same goes for each of you). His plan for me may not look like my plan does (And His plan for you may not look like your plan for you), but He has only the best in mind for us. That plan often involves pain, but beauty and growth comes from pain. Pain isn't such a bad thing.

  So, how about we all make a point to simply trust God. To put our lives in His ever capable hands, and trust Him.
  This is something I'm not very good at, but I'm working on it. I really am.

 Let's let Him have the especially precious "threads" (dreams and what not) of our lives, and let Him weave them in where HE wants them to go. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand and agree. I have gone through some pretty rough patches in my life where all I could focus on was how "bad" it was. But then I came to realize that the terms "good" and "bad" are extremely relative terms and that God's definition was definitely not the same as mine. His definition of "good" is so much more fulfilling than ours.
    Hang in there girl, you'll get by:)
    Isaiah 55:9, "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.