Tuesday, July 8, 2014

An update on Cora + A little bit of self betterment...




First, an update on my sister-in-law Tori and her baby Cora: 
Both mama and baby (still in womb) are healthy. Cora is breech, so unfortunately, Tori will likely have to have a C-section. Also, Cora will be taken off to the NICU immediately, and Tori won't get to hold her. Both of those things are very upsetting for Tori, but she obviously wants what would be best for Cora. 
Unless she goes into labor before hand, Cora is scheduled to be born July 30th, which is 34 weeks exactly. 

Please continue to keep Tori, Ethan, and Cora in your prayers. 

  Onward.
We live in a terribly selfish world. A world full of people who are constantly thinking about themselves, and what would please them best. There is no thought to helping out the person next to you, because God forbid you take a moment out of your "busy" schedule.
  I'm guilty of this too, I promise, I'm not pointing fingers. I wanna do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it. I groan when my parents ask for extra help with something. I plaster a fake smile on my face when I have to do my grandmother's grocery shopping. But I'm trying. I really, really am trying to be less selfish. I'm trying to put others first. I'm doing my best to allow God to make in me a new heart. Because you see, I wanna be like Jesus. I want to put other peoples needs before my own. Now, It's not as if I'll let people walk all over me, but I trust that if I'm doing what God is asking me to do (be like Jesus), then even though I know I'll have to deal with persecution, He will ensure that I have what I need. 

  What about you? Are you willing to be Jesus to your family, friends, and strangers you meet? I hope so.


Shalom, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.