Saturday, December 20, 2014

Too plugged in?


Again... It's taken me longer to post again than I expected.. Sorry! Life has been super busy. I've been home for a week now and today is the first day that I'll be home all day. 

Anyways. 

Today's post is inspired by a video I watched earlier. It was talking about how obsessed we are with our phones and everything on them. We're constantly Instagraming/tweeting/ facebooking and I'm no exception. 
  If someone asked me if I was obsessed with my phone, I'd tell them "of course not!", but is that the truth? 
I mean, aside from sleeping and driving... I'm pretty much always texting someone. Or checking Pinterest.... Or Instagram. I mean, heck, I'm typing this post on my phone. 
I try not to shut people out by my texting and whatnot. But I probably fail often. 
  I want to be connected with people I'm with and the people I'm not. Which means there has to be a balance. There has to be an understanding that I will be texting people, but that I will also spend time with people, without texting. Because I don't wanna miss out of precious time. I was playing with Kezley the other day and I kept taking pictures of her and she said "put your phone away, Lala." I was just trying to capture the moment, but she didn't care about that. She just wanted her Aunt Lala to play with her. I should take the hint. I should capture the moment in my memories... Not on my phone. 

So, I plan to be much more present. Who's with me? 

Shalom, 

 

2 comments:

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.