Thursday, May 28, 2015

All Good Things Must Come to an End








    Just about three weeks ago now, I graduated from G42U. This was very bitter-sweet for me. Bitter because I don't like, nor do I do well, with change. Sweet, because I knew it was time. 
I've been finishing up a leadership class this month, so I don't move out until Sunday, but soon things are to change big time. 
    It's funny, looking back to a year ago, I was a very different person. I was in a dark place, and I was stressed and really didn't carry any level of peace. But now I feel enveloped in light, I am calm and mostly unconcerned about the future, and I trust God deeply. 
    This year... G42U....the staff... Changed my world... Changed my life. I look forward with excitement, but I also look at today with promise and thrill. I antisipate what's to come, but I also look forward to what this present day has to offer. I don't want even a moment to be a wasted oportunity. 
    Going to G42U was one of the best choices I've ever made. I would likely still be living in that dark hole, I wouldn't know my love for the Philippines, I wouldn't have such awesome people in my life. Y'all, if I wouldn't have taken this gap year and found God and myself in the process, I wouldn't be the young woman I am today. I am beyond thankful. They gave me a life... And a future. 

Shalom, 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.