Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Who Cares What Man Thinks

Why do I worry so much about what people think of me? 
It dictates a lot of what I do. 

Why do I shave? Partially because it feels and looks nice, but what people would think has it's effect as well. 
Why does praying in a group scare me a little bit? Because I'm afraid what I say may not fit the standards of the people I'm with. 
Why am I self-conscious of how white my skin is? Because in America, most people think tan skin is much prettier. Even being in a country where whiteness is valued, I struggle simply because it makes me stand-out. 
Why am I hesitant of going back to the gym... A gym I grew to love last year? Because I'm in such bad shape, and it's embarrassing. 

Other people shouldn't have anything to do with my thoughts on any of these things. I should do what I want without worrying about what other people think. I should be secure in the color God made my skin. 
God's opinion is the only one that actually matters. 

He says I'm beautiful. 
He says my prayers are music to His ears. 
He says that I am capable of anything. 

It's not so easy to apply as it is to know it's the truth, but I'm working on it. I'm stretching. I'm growing. My fear of man is going away, with the help of my daddy God. 

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.