Monday, January 9, 2012

Treasures in Heaven

 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." -Matthew 6:19-20

On Saturday I went on a treasure hunt with my youth group. 
Now, for those for you who don't know what I'm talking about when I say "treasure hunt", allow me to explain. 

A group of us  met up at the church , listened to worship music , and prayed. We opened ourselves up to God, and asked Him to speak to us. To show us clues on who we were going to meet that day. After filling ourselves up with Jesus, we broke up into groups (I was with Brooke, James, and Aaron) and went around town looking for people who matched the clues we got. 

We met this sweet little old lady who had cancer, and prayed for her. We went to the Pacific War museum and prayed for a vet. 
But the coolest part happened when we went to this little coffee shop. We prayed for the guy working there, and he (almost jokingly) Said that there were a lot of branches out back that needed to be moved the the street. We gave them about 15 minutes of our time. The cool thing was- 
James had gotten "green shirt" the main guy had a green shirt. 
Brook got "green leaves" obviously, there were leaves everywhere.
And I got "limb". now at the time I'd thought it mean like arm or leg. but nope tree limb! 

It was a totally rewording experience!   
After, we threw a surprise birthday party for my youth pastor's wife, Angela. 

All in all... A perfect day :)

always,

-Alana <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.