Friday, February 24, 2012

Comfy skin

This really has nothing to do with my post.. but I thought it would give you something to think about :)


A friend of mine posted about being comfortable in her own skin. 
Not worrying about how pretty the next person looks, 
but seeing her own beauty. --

This made me think about how I view myself. (Or at least how I've viewed myself in the past, I've gotten a lot better. )

It used to be.. when I looked in the mirror.. if there was any chance I'd even remotely like what I see, I'd have to have makeup on. 

But now.. I'm pretty close to comfortable in my own skin. 
Sure I'll see some girl whose flawless without a stitch of makeup on and think "Man... why can't I look like that?? ", but then I realize.. 

I am me. 
I have brown curly/frizzy hair. 
Red cheeks.
Braces.
Pale, untanable skin.

I'm okay with that. 
I love my hair.. I would be sad if it was straight.
My red cheeks are okay...besides a little powder goes a long way. 
I won't have braces forever. 
Pale skin is fine. I can't change it. So why stress about it?
 
I am beautiful
God made me in His image.
I'm not something to be rated against another person. 
Just because I know or see beautiful people doesn't mean that I'm not beautiful too.

I'm unique. 
I have my own style. 
My own thoughts and beliefs. 
I'm an individual.  
Just how I like it. 

Love always,

-Alana <3  
 



1 comment:

  1. Amen! LOVE this!

    God bless you, sweet girl!
    Jazzie
    www.jsheaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.