Sunday, May 20, 2012

Love > Infatuation

What is love? 

Love is devotion. 
Loyalty. 
Honesty. 
Love is.. simply said, a choice.  
Love is hard. 
 

You might be thinking.. 
but.. I thought love was that feeling of butterflies I get in my stomach. I thought it was when I can't stop thinking about a person. 

That, my friends, Is infatuation. 

Now that's not to say that you can't be in-love with someone AND be infatuated.. but unlike the popular belief, love is not a feeling. 

Here, The Bible says it best:

"Love never gives up.
   Love cares more for others than for self.
   Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
   Love doesn't strut,
   Doesn't have a swelled head,
   Doesn't force itself on others,
   Isn't always "me first,"
   Doesn't fly off the handle,
   Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
   Doesn't revel when others grovel,
   Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
   Puts up with anything,
   Trusts God always,
   Always looks for the best,
   Never looks back,
   But keeps going to the end.
 Love never dies."

 1 Corinthians 13:4-7


Anyways, I just wanted to share my thoughts on love and such .
Let me know if you disagree. I'm open minded :) .

Love always,
-Alana <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.