Friday, January 11, 2013

A movie.. and life

  Several days ago, my dad and I, on our typical movie going ritual, went to see Les Miserables .

  My opinion? I didn't like the movie itself. I can't quite explain it, but I didn't. Also, I went into this knowing it was a musical, but not realizing that it was just barely not an opera. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love musicals, but I found this a bit annoying. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more if it were live ?


  That being said, I was shocked in the most amazing way at the musical ability of the cast. Now, not everyone was top notch, but I was beyond please that everyone could at least sing, excellent or not. Amanda Seyfried.. my goodness that girl has pipes! As a singer myself, I truly appreciate how high and hard to hit several of those notes she sang were. I was over the moon happy with her performance. Anne Hathaway has a most beautiful voice as well, though I was surprised at what a small part she had. There were several others with excellent voices. I was pleased to see  Helena Bonham Carter. She always delivers an enjoyable and notable performance. I am a huge fan of hers. The chemistry between Helena and  Sacha Baron Cohen was delightful. I enjoyed every bit of time they were on screen.

  I was a bit disappointed at Russell Crowe's performance. That's not to say that he did a terrible job on any account.. I've just seen him do so much better. One thing about the film that deeply bothered me, was that in the midst of France, there were several people who had heavy street English accents. At the time in history this was based.. that slip up is a huge disappointment.

 All in all, the acting and music was incredible. Definitely worth seeing if you can get past that fact that it's almost an opera.

  As for life, I'm doing okay. Each day is a new day, and I'm determined to treat it as such.
I'm slowly working through the thought process of figuring out what I want to do with the next few years of my life. Perhaps I'll share on that in a later date when I'm more sure. There are changes that I'd like to make about my day to day life, such as making time to do some horse-back riding each week, but I'm not sure how to make that happen. We shall see.

  Oh! Since I got an Iphone for Christmas, I now have Instagram (aleggett95) and twitter (AlanaLeggett1) . follow me and I'll follow back :).

Love Always,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.