Thursday, January 10, 2013

What kind of friend are you?

Today in Life Management class, we talked about how to be a good friend. That really got me thinking.. according to what makes up a good friend, am I one?

A good friend is a good listener. They will just sit and listen to what their friend has on their heart, and only add input if it's asked.
Me, Abby, and Kaitlyn 

A good friend is dependable. When they say they're going to do something, they do it.
Abby and I out at the barn

A good friend keeps their promises. If asked to keep a secret, they keep it. Though a good friend also makes sure that whatever they're keeping a secret about is safe, because if their asked to keep a secret about something that could potentially hurt said friend, the promise shouldn't be made in the first place. If you make a promise about something like that.. I hate to break it to ya, but you're not being a good friend.
Abby and I with goop on our heads

A good friend is honest. If your friend does something wrong, you, in a respectful, loving and private way, tell them how they were wrong. You don't say what they are doing is okay, if it isn't.
Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful- Proverbs 27:6 

It is also better to have one or two very good friends, than to be popular. People need someone to bare their hearts to, and the only person it's really safe to do that with is a good friend.

I would say, that I am a very blessed person. I could name four people that I can trust my heart to, and three of them that always have wise and righteous counsel for me. Each are unique in the way that they view and process things, but all are continuously reminding me of God's will. God has truly blessed me with this unique group of friends. I can only hope that I'm half as good of a friend to them, as they are to me.

Love Always, 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. love this! it's a difficult thing for me to make friends - i'm not good at it since i'm quiet and shy in new situations. but i am very thankful to have a handful of people i know i can always come to with anything.

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.