Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Who I am hates who I've been.


If you've never heard that marvelous song by Relient K.. well you just haven't been living. It's an all-time favorite, right along with I'm Pressing On and Sadies Hawkins Dance.

Anyways, this song doesn't apply to me like I wish it would.. yes, I've changed a lot in the last 9 months.. but I've still got a long way to go.

  Let me tell you.. there's nothing like your mother yelling at you, to make you realize she's right and has been all along. I ran out to the barn to do chores like she said.. my eyes wet, but the wheels in my head turning.

  My mom was mad at me for not going out to help her when she asked me to. She told me she was sick and tired of me only thinking about what I want. She does so so much for me, and I'm always wanting more. All that she asks is that I help out and do my school. I do as little as possible of both. Barely scraping by in school and leaving so much work for my parents, but my mom especially.

  I realize I probably just described the typical teen. That I'm no unusual, terrible creature, but that's just the thing. I've claimed my title as a Daughter of the Most High. I'm not supposed to be like everyone else. What kind of example am I to Papa when I don't obey immediately? He sees who I am at home. She's typically not the most Christ like person.

  I need to change. I don't like who or how I am in this aspect of my life.. being.. my home life. I need to be a better me.


Sunset Crater: 
This was something I thought was really cool. It was different than anything else we saw, being as we were walking through lava dried into rocks. If you ever get the chance.. it's not something you want to miss.







I was shocked at how porous it was.. making it extremely light!


All the black is made of the ashes and smoke .. it goes on for miles. 



I thought this gnarled tree looked cool :)



Shalom, 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i think we are all striving to be better versions of ourselves, it's part of daily walking with Christ. we all mess up and make mistakes, it's part of our humanness. but we're lucky because we are forgiven and each day, each hour and each second is a chance for us to change our minds and actions and behaviors to be a better us.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.