Saturday, September 21, 2013

Is comfort a myth?


I didn't post yesterday (duh). I was gone all morning... and then I just didn't feel like it. We got over 2 inches of rain, which is AMAZING, but the rain managed to depress me, and it just was kind of a terrible day.

Yesterday's Blogtember prompt was : react to this term- Comfort.

Comfort? the first thing that came to my mind was: "Does that even exist??"
I've been going through some really tough stuff. I don't feel at all comfortable, but after thinking about it for a moment... something else came to mind. Family, the people I love.

That's my comfort. When I think of comfort and loved ones together, I think sitting around the kitchen table with all my siblings and their spouses home, playing cards or dominos.
I think of movie night with just me and Papa.
I think of going to church with my mom.
I think of laying in bed late at night talking with Ocean, Laina, or Abby.
I think of hugs and kisses with my nephews and nieces.
I think of having a really rough day and texting or emailing my best friends, because even just them knowing I'm struggling helps.
I think of playing with Meredith on Sunday mornings and talking to her mamma, Amanda, about how each of our weeks went.
I think of standing next to Amanda on stage, worshiping.

That's what comfort means to me. Comfort is feeling loved, and passing that on to others.



  OK guys, I leave on vacation tomorrow. This is my last post till I get home on the 9th or 10th. I thought about getting someone to fill in for me while I'm gone, but I felt like this is what God wanted me to do. I will return refreshed, renewed, and with lots of stories.

Don't be surprised if I visit your worlds. It might happen. I love you guys and I pray you have a great next couple of weeks :).


Shalom, 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.