Saturday, February 15, 2014

Let my words be life...

 
  We live in a world full of hate. A world where people spit words out without thinking about how they might make someone feel. So many people just don't care anymore. Everyone's goal is to get ahead... Even if they're stepping on people along the way. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't stand up for ourselves, but think about how different our lives would be if we made a point to lift people up. How much depression would desolve? How many less school shootings would there be? What if we each were doing our part to make the world a better place instead of tearing people down? 

I'm guilty of the latter... I admit it... But I've really been trying to make a concious effort to not tear anyone down. It's something that really takes thought. You have to really think about every little thing you say. Being hurtful is such second nature for us humans. Our flesh loves to cut people down. But we can change our nature. We can fight against the flesh. 

If we are to look more and more like Jesus, we MUST fight the flesh. Jesus said to love our enemies. That means to love everyone around us. The ones which are easy to love, and the ones who aren't. 

I chose love. I chose kindness. That doesn't mean I'll let others run my life, but that does mean I'll do everything I can not to step on others on my way up. 

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.