Thursday, August 7, 2014

Compassion



  I think of myself as a relatively compassionate person... unless, the person has wronged me. I'm terrible about holding grudges. I'm not very good at "letting go", but I'm learning it's a vital thing in life. It's impossible to live a happy life without letting go and moving on. 

  Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you, have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks your
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity
- Hosanna by Hillsong

  That's the bridge of one of my favorite worship songs. I love all of  it, but the line "Break my heart for what breaks yours" is... pretty awesome, I must say. God loves us. He has compassion for us, and I think we should have compassion for those around us... whether they return the favor. 

  Today, I am overwhelmed by compassion. It's a hard feeling, when you've been hurt by the person, but it also feels good. I'm learning how to love like God loves. 

  Improvement feels good. I'm changing, and learning, and growing. It's exciting! 


Shalom, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.