Monday, August 4, 2014

The End of an Era... and the Beginning of Something New.



 I had quite a nice weekend... despite the fact that I was bitter sweet. My cousin, a distant in relation but close to my heart, spent the weekend with us to say goodbye. He's about to embark on an adventure to China; to be close to his beloved girl friend. I'm excited for him. He's following his heart. Not only is he going to be close to her, but he's always wanted to live in China, so now is his chance! But I must admit, I'm going to miss him. He's like a brother to me. 

  Aside from great family time, Church on Sunday was amazing. Y'all, God is getting ready to do something big. I can feel Him stirring. Sunday morning I was out doing chores and my heart grew heavy and burdened, so I began to pray. I started out praying for friends of him, but the prayer morphed into praying for an awakening of the hearts of all the complacent Christians out there. So many of us are just standing by and letting our country become more and more perverted and demoralized. I prayed for a renewing of God's fire in our hearts. If we're on fire, then others will see it and want it. 
  Anyways, after I finished, my heart no longer felt so burdened, but God was still heavy on my heart. During worship at church I was holding my precious niece, Briah, and worshiping. Man... God's presence his me like a ton of bricks! There was a song where I literally couldn't sing. I was so full of emotion and God.... my eyes were full of tears.... I was swaying to the music... holding my sweet Briah in my arms. I began to pray in tongues. Pictures started flashing through my mind... pictures of Briah being happy as a young child. Y'all.. I could see her... such a happy kid. She was probably 7 or 8. She brought such joy to every life she touched. Y'all... she's going to be such an influence... and a good one too! I can't describe how happy that made me... It's such a gift that God gave me.

  Shalom,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.