Saturday, July 25, 2015

Solve all the problems


  Growing up I heard countless sayings from Papa. Sayings that he had heard when he was growing up, and now he was passing it on to his children. 
  One of the most heavily used was: "Don't be a problem finder, be a problem solver."
As I go through life, I strive to do as it says. I try to solve the problems which stand in my way. 

  This, I believe, is both good a bad. 
It's good to have determination. It's good to live a life of fixing, instead of causing problems. 
But there is also a fatal flaw with it. Now this depends on the situation, but sometimes, we aren't supposed to figure it out. Sometimes we are supposed to be patient and see what God is going to do in the situation. 

  Always searching for the answer can steal away the peace God so desperately wants us to have. 

  It's not that He wants us to always find problems and never find answers to them, but sometimes *we* aren't supposed to do anything but trust Him. 

  I'm finding that hard in this season of my life. I want to solve my problems. I want to find the best answer and move on. But that's not where God has me. He has me in a place where I need to be patient and I need to trust Him. 

  If you find yourself in a place of unrest, where you feel stressed and exhausted because you're trying to solve the problems in your world, take some time with God. Maybe He wants to be patient and trust Him. He just might be waiting for you to stop straining, so He can speak the answer to you. 

Shalom, 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post Alana, just what I needed to hear :)

    ReplyDelete

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.