Tuesday, January 26, 2016

He is with me


Last week I had the pleasure of witnessing one of our boys being reunited with his family which he hadn't seen in around 6 years. The rush of emotion was incredible. I was just with them, I didn't do anything, I didn't even speak their language, but tears welled in my eyes as they thanked God and us for helping their son/brother find them. 
I feel blessed to be part of an organization which works to bring families back together. 

I've had some struggles this week. Some things I had to process through. But I haven't once doubted that this is where I'm supposed to be. 
Being away from home is hard.
 Being in a place where their native language is different is hard. It kind of... Isolates me. Which is something that's always been very hard for me. But I have an amazing support system here. People who care. 
Hard things bring growth, and I know that I will grow so much while I'm here. God is with me. I have nothing to doubt or fear. 

I'm making friends, in and out of CG, which is exciting for me. Public transportation here makes me nervous, but if I'm being honest, it has nothing to do with being in the Philippines and has everything to do with me brings a country girl in the city. 

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. 

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.