Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Don't stop believing

 Not to be quoting Journey or anything... But the phrase really fit what's on my heart. 

  We as Christians very rarely get instant gratification. Yes, there are some people that right away God steps in and heals them, or fixes their situation, but it's more common that we must wait. 

  I've been believing for something my entire life. For as long as I can remember, I've been believing and waiting for God to step in. 

  Waiting is hard. It can be disheartening at times. I've definitly had moments of doubt, but deep down there's always been a firm belief in the fact that God's hand is in my situation, and even though sometimes it looks like nothing is happening; I know He's working behind the scenes. 

  I believe that waiting builds character. Normally I would say that I'm a pretty impatient person, but through God's grace and strength I have patience in this. Do I have the best attitude about it all the time? Absolutely not. I get frustrated and upset sometimes.

   I get selfish sometimes when I see God fixing things in other people's lives. People who haven't been waiting as long as I have. People who maybe haven't been as faithful as I have. But I have to check myself, because I know God knows what He's doing. 

  I look at myself and see how far I've come, and I know that I know that I know that God has never stopped working in my life. And I know He never will. 

  One day He'll step in and fix my situation. He'll bring healing in. I know this. In the mean time, I trust Him. I love Him. I worship Him. I seek Him. I allow this situation to stretch and grow me. Even through the frustrating times. 

Daddy God, 
You're a good good father, it's who you are.
And I'm loved by you, it's who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.