Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Miss na kita

I don't know if we realize how much a person means to us, until we're separated from them. 

If you would have asked me before if my mom and I were close, I would have said... Yeah, I mean, we talk and stuff. We're not super super close though. 

I'm not realizing how close we are and how much she means to me. Don't get me wrong, I miss all of my family, but my mom is definitly the person I'm closest to. Or maybe the person I'm closest to that I've never had to be so far away from. 

Think about this, I was homeschooled, so I grew up being around my mom all day, everyday. I'm also the youngest in my family by 6 1/2 years, I often felt like an only child after my brother moved out when I was 12, because of this. Meaning that I had a lot of time, essentially 6 years, of one-on-one time with my mom. 

We fought a lot durring this time, and I didn't talk to her as much as I should have (mostly because I knew she wouldn't approve of whatever was on my mind, probably some guy, and rightfully so). 

In the last year and a half since I've moved out, we've probably had more heart to hearts, or just talks about life and God, but I still didn't realize how close we were. I see and feel it now though. Not only do I still rely on my mother for a lot of my physical needs, but there's something just comforting about talking to her. Even if I'm not spilling my guts to her, it still feels good knowing that I can tell her anything and she will listen and advise me where she can. I can't tell you or explain how badly I wish I could hug her, but I'm so so so SO thankful that I live in a time where we can skype and talk on the phone. 

Again, for anyone else in my family that might be reading this, I really do love and miss all y'all too, so don't feel left out. 


Miss na kita (I miss you), Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus loves you & I do too!
Be blessed, but also be a blessing.